Baked Alaska Recipe That You Should Try To Make
Baked Alaska Recipe That You Should Try To Make - Geraldabreu.info. This baked Alaska is beyond easy, but so beautiful, and delicious! A dome of your favorite ice cream on top of a pound cake base, covered with toasted meringue! It's a wonderful no bake dessert and you can keep those ice cream domes in the freezer so you can whip one of these desserts up at a moment's notice. Little domes of your favorite ice cream sitting on rich pound cake and it's all covered with creamy toasted meringue.
|Baked Alaska Recipe That You Should Try To Make|
- ▢1 pint ice cream
- ▢1 lb cake
- ▢4 egg whites room temperature
- ▢1 cup sugar
- ▢1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- ▢1 tsp vanilla
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly and scoop!
- Line a bowl with plastic wrap and fill with ice cream. Use a spatula to smooth and pack down the ice cream.
- Add a round of pound cake to the base. Wrap well and freeze for a few hours until fully set.
- Add the room temperature egg whites and cream or tartar to a stand mixer fitted with a whisk and mix on medium until frothy. Slowly add the sugar in and increase to high speed. Mix until soft peaks form. Add vanilla Extract toward the end of mixing.
- Unwrap the ice cream dome and place on cake stand or plate. Transfer meringue to a piping bag fitted with a tip of your choosing. Pipe the meringue onto the dome. You can pipe swirls, dollops, a giant spiral or any pattern imaginable!
- Use a kitchen torch to toast the meringue. You can also brown if by baking at 500F for a few minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Keep a close eye if you bake it!!!
Use the bowl you are packing with ice cream as a guide to cut the pound cake, which you will use for the base.
Make sure the ice cream is ROCK hard before piping the meringue. If things start to melt the meringue will start sliding off...
Try adding chopped, toasted nuts, crushed cookies or other favorite ingredients to the ice cream as you fill the dome for some added texture and interest. Baked Alaska Recipe That You Should Try To Make
Serving: 52g | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fat: 6.4g | Saturated Fat: 3.5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 50mg | Sugar: 12.8g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 0.9mg